Friday, February 8, 2013

NBDB, Likhaan love letter writing contest deadline on Feb. 28

“I will cover you with love when next I see you, with caresses, with ecstasy. I want to gorge yu [sic] with all the joys of the flesh, so that you faint and die. I want you to be amazed by me, and to confess to yourself that you had never even dreamed of such transports… When you are old, I want you to recall those few hours, I want your dry bones to quiver with joy when you think of them.” – From Gustave Flaubert to Louise Colet, 1846

The National Book Development Board, together with the University of the Philippines Institute of Creative writing, invites everyone to send in an original, handwritten love letter to a real or imagined beloved.

Letters may be written in English or Filipino. Deadline for us to receive your letter via mail is on 28 February 2013. The writers of the best love letters will receive a copy of 69 Love poems and 14 Love Stories published by the UP Press.

Mail your letters to this address: The Executive Director, National Book Development Board, 24th Floor of the Prestige Tower, F. Ortigas Jr. Avenue (formerly Emerald Avenue), Ortigas Center, 1605 Pasig City.

Reposted with permission from the NBDB. Check their site here:

www.nbdb.gov.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment